One of my sources informs me that the campaign to remove Welsh clubs from English football is almost complete and the details will be presented to UEFA after the Euro 2012 Championships. The case centres on the following areas and UEFA will be asked to look into the reasons why Welsh clubs should be taken out of English football:
- Wales has its own national league structure which has been operating for a number of years.
- Wales has its own Premier League.
- Wales has its own Football Association which is affiliated to both FIFA and UEFA.
- Wales has its own national team which regularly plays in FIFA and UEFA competitions.
- Wales has its own national stadium which regularly hosts international football.
- The people of Wales, in a referendum held on 3rd March 2011, voted overwhelmingly for extended devolved powers for its National Assembly, which included Schedule 5 Field 16 Sport and Recreation.
- Moving Welsh clubs to the Welsh league structure will create an enlarged Welsh Premier League and bring this league into line with other UEFA-affiliated countries.